Thursday, June 30, 2011

4th of July Fun

I've been asking around for cute and simple 4th of July treats. I found so many online and many family members and friends emailed me their ideas. Below are 3 of my favorites- special thanks to everyone who sent me their recipes!

1) Fruit Pizza! Who doesn't love these? This is so festive and fun-- and a crowd pleaser!

Ingredients:
- 1 roll of sliceable, frozen sugar cookie dough
- blueberries and strawberries
- 8 ounce block of cream cheese
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla

Directions: 
1) Slice the dough and push ends together to make the crust. Follow baking directions on the package.
2) While the dough is baking and cooling, mix together the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla for the icing.
3) When the crust has cooled, evenly spread the icing over the dough.
4) Place blueberries and strawberries to make a flag! (I cut the strawberries in half)



2) Red, White, and Blue Ice Cream Sandwiches! The only draw back I can see to this is that they will melt super fast, so you will almost have to make them as you are serving them. Still, these are super fun and easy! Just put a popsicle stick through the bottom of the sandwich. Sprinkle one side with red, the other side with blue, and the top with white sprinkles.



3) Double Dipped Strawberries! You can dip the strawberries in white chocolate first, but I actually dipped them in the left - over icing from the fruit pizza. I think the cream cheese/sugar/vanilla mixture tastes WAY better on the strawberries! Then just sprinkle the tip of the strawberries with blue sugar sprinkles. So fun and so yummy!


Do you have any festive recipes for this weekend? Please share them by posting a comment below! I hope these fun and simple ideas help you- Happy 4th of July!

    Get Cookin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment