Thursday, July 14, 2011

Gooey Toffee Squares


Oh my, these are delicious! And SO easy to make! The recipe makes a 13x9 pan, so this is a great dessert to serve during a dinner party or take with you to an event. As I'm sure you've noticed, I don't really consider myself a "dessert chef;" I'd rather have a second helping of dinner and skip dessert. Jason is the exact opposite- he'll skip dinner and have two servings of dessert! Ha. He has quite the sweet tooth so I decided to try this recipe for him. I ended up loving it just as much (if not more) than him! I even ate one of these for breakfast this morning--- don't judge me! It was a small one :-).

Disclaimer: If you are super-duper health conscious....Stay away. Far, far away from this recipe! But, if you are a lover of food and all things delish (like myself), I highly recommend this!

Ingredients:
- 2 sticks of butter, softened
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 cups of flour
- 2 cups of milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup of Heath bits
- 3/4 cup of finely chopped pecans

Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Cream butter and brown sugar until fluffy. 
3) Add egg, vanilla, and flout and mix until combined.
4) Stir in Heath bits.
5) Spread mixture on a cookie sheet and spread fairly thin with a spatula. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
6) Remove pan from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips. Return to oven for  1 minute.
7) Remove from oven and use spatula to spread melted chips like icing over the cookie layer.
8) Sprinkle with chopped pecans and cut into squares (use a pizza cutter for easy cutting).
    
The bottom part of the squares tastes like a soft toffee cookie. The chocolate chips and pecans are the perfect topping! Once you make the bottom, feel free to customize the toppings to your liking. Have fun with it and enjoy this yummy creation!

      Get Cookin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment