Monday, August 29, 2011

Crock Pot Monday: Peperoncini Beef Brisket


Cooking with a crock pot, for me, is equivalent to opening a present because I never know what's going to come out of it. It could be something I want or something I don't. It's a surprise! I could hardly wait to get home today to peek inside my crock pot. When I pulled in the garage I could already smell my delicious creation! I ran inside like it was Christmas and I was about to open my presents! Just one look inside the crock pot and I knew the brisket was going to be DELISH. And boy what I right! 

Yesterday I searched and searched for just the right recipe for a brisket. After reviewing a few recipes I decided to pull a few ingredients from the recipes and create my own! I was laughing a nervous laugh as I was putting everything together this morning...Just because I was so unsure of the outcome! I must admit, though, that it was a little on the salty side. Just a little. Next time I will just throw in a few potatoes to absorb some of the salt. Other than that, I think this was the best brisket I have ever cooked! 

Ingredients:
- 3 pounds of trimmed beef brisket
- 1 pack of dry Italian dressing seasoning mix
- 1 pack of Lipton dry onion soup mix
- liquid smoke 
- worcestershire sauce
- 16 ounce jar of peperoncini peppers with juice
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon of Heinz Chili Sauce
- 32 ounces of beef broth (get the no salt added kind)
- seasoning: garlic powder, Montreal Steak Seasoning, Tony's

Directions:
1) Cover each side of the brisket with liquid smoke and worcestershire sauce, sprinkle Italian seasoning mix and Montreal Steak seasoning on both sides, and refrigerate over night.
2) In crock pot mix together jar of peppers, onion, chili sauce, beef broth, onion soup mix, and seasoning.
3) Put brisket on top and make sure it's fully covered with the juice.
4) Cook on high for 6-8 hours.
5) Voila! 


  Get Cookin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment