Monday, January 30, 2012

Crock Pot Monday: BBQ Ribs


 
Oh. My. Goodness!!!!! Who knew that cooking ribs cooked in the crock pot would turn out so delicious?! Definitely my favorite that we've ever cooked. And probably in my top 3 for favorite ribs I've ever tasted. Yes, that good! They were so tender, juicy, and f-u-l-l of flavor.

I was skeptical at first, it's true. I kept thinking, "How can this be good if it never touches a grill?" But the flavor is sort of "smokey" so you cannot tell they weren't slow smoked all day. Jason and I have tried to cook ribs a few times on the grill- but they always come out tough, no matter how long we cook them.  And they were a pain! This recipe is so simple and I will certainly be making this again soon. Try it, you won't regret it! Although I changed her recipe a little, here is the link for the original post.

Ingredients:
- 2 teaspoons of sweet paprika (I used regular paprika because I didn't have sweet)
- 1 teaspoon of brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- sprinkle of Worcestershire sauce, Montreal steak seasoning, garlic powder, and Greek seasoning
- 2 pounds of pork baby back ribs
- 1 bottle of BBQ sauce (I used a new kind "Dallas Cowboys Original" because I sampled it in HEB and it was good!)
- Vegetable oil spray
- 1/2 cup of chicken broth

Directions:
1) Sprinkle a little bit of Worcestershire sauce on the meaty side of the ribs. In a small bowl, mix together paprika, brown sugar, and cayenne. Rub all over the ribs.
2) Then sprinkle the ribs with Montreal steak seasoning, garlic powder, and Greek seasoning.
3) Spray the crock pot with the cooking spray and then arrange ribs in the slow cooker by standing them up against the wall of the pot, thicker side down and meaty side against the pot.
4) Mix together 1/2 the bottle of BBQ sauce and the chicken broth, and then pour over the ribs.
5) Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Mine cooked for about 9 hours and they were fine!
6) After the ribs are cooked, remove from pot and arrange on a foil lined baking pan, meaty side up. Skim the sauce in the pot to remove any excess grease, and then pour in the other 1/2 of the BBQ sauce to the pot to thicken up the sauce.
7) Turn on your oven's broiler (I put mine on low). Brush the sauce over the ribs and put them under the broiler for 5 minutes. Remove, brush on more sauce, and then return to broiler for another 5 minutes.
8) Remove from oven and try not to burn your mouth while you are scarfing down the most delicious ribs!!

  Get Cookin'!

2 comments:

  1. Emily is an inspiration to all cooks - young and old! And, even if you don't cook, just reading her descriptions is a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, MB! Many of your recipes have been shared here, too! :)

    ReplyDelete