Monday, March 12, 2012

Alice Springs Chicken


This was really good! It's supposed to be a mock version of a recipe from Outback Steakhouse.  It was different than most of the other grilled chicken recipes I've tried. It had a lot of flavor and I loved the mushrooms (even though I'm not really a mushroom person). Next time I think I will add some onions and/or bell peppers when I saute the mushrooms. Also, I used regular bacon but I would suggest using the thick sliced bacon because it will hold up better. This recipe is definitely a keeper! You can view the original post here.

Ingredients:
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 bottle of Lawry's Original Seasoned Salt marinade
- 4 slices of bacon
- 1 cup of mushrooms, diced
- 2 cups of shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup honey mustard dressing

Directions:
1) Marinate the chicken in the Lawry's marinade for at least 30 minutes.
2) While the chicken is marinating, cook the bacon in a large skillet. Set aside and the saute the mushrooms in the bacon fat until softened.
3) Grill the chicken until done.
4) Preheat the broiler on your oven. Place cooked chicken on a rimmed baking sheet. Spread 1-2 teaspoons of honey mustard on cooked chicken. Top with bacon, mushrooms, and cheese. Broil until cheese is melted. Voila!

  Get Cookin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment