Friday, June 1, 2012

Biscuit Beignets with Praline Sauce



Has it really been almost TWO months since my last post?! I'm the worst blogger ever! The last months of school have come and gone and it is officially summer. Hallelujah! I'm so ready to relax. It has been a great school year, probably my best year so far!

But now that I'm back from my blogging hiatus, I thought I'd share a DELISH dessert recipe. These biscuit beignets are to die for. Literally! So, so good. And so easy! You must try this soon!

Ingredients:
- 1 can of Grands Golden Layers biscuits, honey butter flavor
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 cup of dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons of milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (or less)
- canola oil (for frying)

Directions:
1) Melt butter in a pan over medium heat. Add in sugar and whisk together until it starts to boil.
2) Stir in the milk, vanilla, and pecans or walnuts until smooth. Set aside.
3) Separate biscuits and cut each into fourths. In a skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
4) Fry biscuit quarters in batches until golden on each side. Biscuits will cook very quickly. Use a metal spatula and keep the biscuits moving.
5) Remove from oil and dust generously with powdered sugar and serve immediately with praline sauce.
6) Voila!

  Get Cookin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment