Monday, November 12, 2012

Amy's Sweet Green Chili Rice


One of my favorite classroom parents EVER shared this delish rice recipe with me-- and it changed my life! Haha. But, really...It's so good that I decided to name it after her! Usually I do not really like Mexican-style rice because it tends to be so dry and flavorless. Amy's rice is moist and FULL of flavor. I think I've made it twice a week since she shared the recipe with me! Try it as a side dish, on a taco, in a burrito, etc. You won't be disappointed!

Amy, you are one of the sweetest people I know. I feel blessed to know you and more than that, I feel honored to have had your sweet baby girl in my class! Thank you for this delicious recipe!

Ingredients:
- 2 cups of minute rice
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 1 garlic pod, minced
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- zest of 1 lime
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 4 ounces of diced green chilies
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup of frozen mixed veggies, depending on how much you want (I use the carrots, peas, corn, green beans mix)
- dash of olive oil, salt and pepper

Directions:
1) Saute onion and garlic in olive oil until onion is soft.
2) Add remaining ingredients, except rice, and bring to a boil.
3) After it comes to a boil, add rice and stir well. Turn heat off and cover. Leave covered for 10 minutes.
4) Remove lid, stir, serve immediately. Voila!

  Get Cookin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment