Friday, June 3, 2011

Just Say No to Boring Spaghetti!


Spaghetti is a classic, easy meal that is a crowd pleaser! Below I've listed 5 tips to turn ordinary, bland spaghetti into a delicious one-pot wonder! 


Tip #1: Fresh Garlic! Start with 1 or 2 cloves of chopped garlic and a tablespoon or so of EVOO. Cook it down for a few minutes.


Tip #2: Fresh Veggies! Once the garlic has cooked for a few minutes, add some chopped bell pepper, onion, and celery. The fresh vegetables add so much flavor to the sauce!

Tip #3: Thick and Zesty Sauce Mix! When the veggies are soft, add the beef. Brown it with the veggies. When the beef is fully cooked, add a package of McCormick's Thick and Zesty Spaghetti Sauce Mix. I learned this trick from my mom! This sauce mix adds so many herbs and spices to spaghetti- so good!

Tip #4: Use Bertolli sauce! Sometimes I like to make my own tomato sauce. But during the week when I'm in a hurry, I use Bertolli sauce. My favorite is Organic Olive Oil, Basil, and Garlic. The sauce is very basic so you can really taste the flavors from the fresh veggies.


Tip #5: Red wine! After adding the sauce, add a dash (or two or three) of red wine. It totally sets off all the flavors in the sauce! I like to use merlot or cabernet sauvignon. I have 2 favorites, but any will do:



Do you have any tips for spicing up spaghetti? Share them by posting a comment below!   

     Get Cookin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment