Monday, October 24, 2011

Crock Pot Monday: Chicken Pot Roast?

I feel like I have "writer's block." Or blogger's block? And definitely cooker's block! I have been swamped at school and fighting a cold (which means I force myself to leave school around 6:00pm every day and then barely make it home to my bed before using an entire box of tissues). I have gotten out of the routine of cooking every night because I've had nooooooo appetite.  I was hoping that today's crock pot surprise would cure my case of  the blocks....But that didn't quite happen. Instead I feel like I would do just about anything for an Aunt Annie's cinnamon and sugar pretzel. But I digress.

I combined a few recipes...I think "combining" is becoming my "thing." A very dear family friend has an a-m-a-z-i-n-g chicken sauce piquante recipe so I thought I would try a crock pot version of it. It was definitely not the same, but it was still good. It was sort of more like chicken stew/pot roast.

And the last bit of bad news...no picture! Sorry!

Ingredients:
- 1 pound of chicken (I used legs and thighs on the bone)
- 1 package of brown gravy mix
- 1 package of dry onion soup mix
- 2 cans of chicken broth
- onions, bell pepper, celery, garlic-- chopped finely
- 1/2 can of tomato sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- seasoning
- a few baby carrots
- some quartered red potatoes

Directions:
1) Combine everything in a crock pot.
2) Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
3) Serve over rice.
4) Voila!


 Get Cookin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment