Monday, June 13, 2011

Slow Cookers- Not Just For Queso!

If you do not own a slow cooker- go buy one! I absolutely love the idea of "set it and forget it." Slow cookers make preparing meals virtually effortless. I usually leave mine on low all day while I'm at school. The seasonings have ample time to set and so the meals are always full of flavor! Many times I have thrown a variety of ingredients in my slow cooker in the morning and that evening I ate something delish!

Some of my favorite things to cook in a slower cooker are: roasts, any type of beans, pulled pork, brisket, potato soup, spaghetti, just to name a few! There are tons and tons of recipes and meals that can be cooked in a slow cooker. A good friend of mine follows this blog for slow cookers- check it out by clicking on the link below:

http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2007/12/alphabetical-listing-of-recipes.html

This morning I started a beefy vegetable stew. I know what you're thinking- it's 105 degrees outside! But for some reason I was craving something hearty.

Ingredients:
- 1 package of McCormick's beef stew seasoning mix
- 1 package of McCormick's brown gravy mix
- 1 package of Lipton's dry onion soup mix
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
- 32 ounces of beef broth
- chopped fresh veggies: garlic, onion, bell pepper, celery, baby carrots, baby red potatoes
- 3/4 pound of extra lean beef tips
- seasoning to taste: garlic powder, black pepper, thyme, greek seasoning, tony's, etc.

Cook on low all day- serve over rice!




     Get Cookin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment