Tuesday, July 12, 2011

"Shrimp...The Fruit of the Sea!" ---Bubba Gump


Right now I'm feeling alot like Bubba Gump! I was looking through my seafood recipes and realized that most everything includes shrimp! Jason and I love shrimp and I guess we eat them more often than I thought. Which makes me laugh because I'm about to give 3 more ideas for....You guessed it, shrimp!

1) Boiled Shrimp
This has to be one of my favorite ways to eat shrimp. Boiled shrimp (and crawfish) are the taste of Louisiana! It's like soul food to me. You can keep your mashed potatoes and gravy! Just hand over some hot and spicy boiled shrimp! We also like to boil corn, potatoes, onions, celery, and lemons to flavor the shrimp. Of course it only takes a few minutes for the shrimp to boil- but the longer you leave them in the seasoned water the better they will be!

2) Shrimp Salads
Jason and I like to grill or blacken shrimp for salads. A quick, easy, and healthy meal!

3) Shrimp Tacos
This is a fun change to normal "taco night!" 

What's your favorite way to eat shrimp?

     Get Cookin'! 

No comments:

Post a Comment