Monday, July 18, 2011

Veggie Supreme Tostadas


I made these for a quick lunch today and I was quite surprised how good they were! I think the secret was in the beans. I did not just plop some beans on the tostadas straight out of the can. No way! Instead I heated them in a pan, added some milk and a little butter, and also a can of diced green chilies. I probably could have just eaten the refried beans right out of the pot! But I was able to control myself just long enough to plate up these tostadas. Another secret- I put a little bit of serrano pepper ranch dressing on top of the beans. Yummy!

I'm not sure why I am full of secrets today....

My toppings (but of course you can change this however! Or even add some ground beef or shredded chicken to make a quick and filling dinner.) :

- 1 can of refried beans (I added a little milk, butter, and a can of diced chilies to them)
- serrano pepper ranch dressing
- lettuce
- avocado
- cherry tomatoes
- sour cream
- shredded cheese
- cilantro

Simple, easy, quick, and delish! My 4 favorite things!

     Get Cookin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment