Monday, September 12, 2011

Crock Pot Monday: Herb Roasted Turkey


It was just like Thanksgiving dinner in our house tonight!! You better believe I served this up with a green bean casserole, smothered squash, and crescent rolls!

First let me say that both of us don't mind only eating turkey once a year in November. Neither of us have ever really liked turkey that much. But I really wanted to try something different this week-  I saw a similar recipe on another website so I went for it! It was amazing how the top turned out a little crispy but the inside was nice and juicy. I used turkey breast tenderloins- no bones or skin and all ready to go! One thing that I think really helped: I combined a bunch of seasonings and herbs, rubbed them on the turkey tenderloins, and let it sit overnight.

Ingredients:
- about 3 pounds of turkey tenderloins
- about 1 cup of chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon of of fresh chopped rosemary
- 1 tablespoon of fresh chopped parsley
- 1 jalapeno- seeded and chopped (add a few of the seeds back in for a little spice)
- 2 green onion stems- chopped
- seasoning (I used garlic powder, Greek seasoning, Tony's, and black pepper)

Directions:
1) Combine seasonings, herbs, and veggies and rub over tenderloins. Let sit in fridge overnight.
2) The next morning, put tenderloins in the bottom of the crock pot and pour chicken broth on top. Cover 3/4 of the tenderloins with the broth, leaving just the tops uncovered.
3) Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
4) Voila! Serve with your favorite comfort food sides!

  Get Cookin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment