Sunday, September 11, 2011

Barbecue Mexican Corn


My sweet mom and I share a love for cooking- and I get so excited when she sends me newspaper clipings of recipes to try. She sent me this and I just had to try it. I did not have an cotija cheese so I used grated parmesan. I was skeptical of the ingredients but the corn really had tons of flavor! I will definitely make this again.

Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup of fat free mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon of barbecue spice rub (you can use any kind- I used Stubb's)
- 1/4 teaspoon of season-all (I used Tony's)
- 3 ears of corn, peeled
- 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime
- nonstick cooking spray

Directions:
1) Heat a grill (or you can use a grill pan) to high.
2) Mix together the mayo and seasonings and set aside.
3) Place the corn on the grill for about 5 minutes or so.
4) Remove the corn and spray with cooking oil or butter. Put the corn on a piece of foil and put back on the grill for another 5 minutes, or until tender.
5) Remove from grill once again brush on mayonnaise mixture. 
6) Sprinkle with cheese and cilantro.
7) Voila!

I cut all of the corn off the cob and then added a little more of the mayo mixture, cilantro, and cheese. 




  Get Cookin'!

1 comment: