Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Crock Pot Monday-ish: Bacon Wrapped BBQ Chicken

Yes. I know. It's Wednesday! Short work weeks mess me up- and make the kids go crazy! Yesterday it took everything I had to drive home before collapsing. But I slept for almost 12 hours last night and I'm feeling much better today! Ha. Sleep is my cure-all.

I have to admit. This recipe was not my favorite. I found it online and I had never heard of anything bacon wrapped in a slower cooker, so I had to try it. I actually shredded the chicken and it was quite tasty as shredded chicken sandwiches. The perk of this recipe is that it's so simple and only requires a few ingredients. Definitely worth trying- it's an easy BBQ recipe!



Ingredients:
- 3 or 4 chicken breasts
- 1 cup of BBQ sauce
- 2 red apples, peeled and grated
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 or 4 slices of bacon
- seasoning

Directions:
1) Season chicken and set in the bottom of the crock pot.
2) Combine the BBQ sauce, grated apples, and lemon juice and then pour on top of chicken.
3) Wrap a piece of bacon around each chicken breast.
4) Set to low and cook for 8 hours.
5) Voila!

  Get Cookin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment