Monday, September 5, 2011

Rosemary Shrimp Skewers



Today is supposed to be Crock Pot Monday...but since today is a holiday I decided to wait and have Crock Pot Tuesday (so I don't have to cook tomorrow after school). I made the rules so I can change them, right? Yes!

I saw this recipe over the weekend on the Food Network. I had never heard or seen of shrimp actually being skewered on the rosemary stems. And I couldn't wait to try it! I decided to use a grill pan on the stove instead of the gas grill. It really turned out great! The flavor was explosive. I'm always amazed at how much flavor fresh herbs bring to a dish. It was just the right amount of seasoning and spice.

Ingredients:
- 1/2 pound of fresh peeled and deveined shrimp
- 10 rosemary stems
- olive oil (just a few teaspoons)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon of cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of adobo sauce (from the can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce)
- salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
1) In a bowl, mix together the olive oil, minced garlic, cilantro, adobo sauce, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
2) Remove the leaves from half of each rosemary sprig. Chop enough of the leaves to make 1 teaspoon, and add it to the mixture. Reserve the remaining leaves for another use.
3) Add the shrimp to the bowl and toss until coated. Let stand for 5 minutes.
4) Skewer 2 or 3 shrimp onto each rosemary sprig.
5) Heat a large grill pan over high heat. Add skewers and cook for about 1 minute per side. Hang the rosemary leaves over the side so they don't burn (see below).
6) Cook for about 1 minute per side, or just until shrimp are cooked through and turn pink.
7) Voila!

  Get Cookin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment