Monday, October 31, 2011

Homemade Corn Dogs



I skipped "Crock Pot Monday" today because I made some Spicy Pulled Pork in my slow cooker last night for Jason's team at work. It was a hit, but I'm not surprised. That stuff is so good! You should try it!!

I saw these on the Pioneer Woman's blog and also a few other places online. I had to try them! Call me crazy but I love hot dogs and corn dogs. I think it's because they remind me so much of my childhood. I was surprised by how easy it was to make the corn dogs. And they were so good-- tasted just like ones you would buy at a fair or carnival.

Ingredients:
- 3 cups of Krusteaz Pancake Mix
- 1 cup of yellow corn meal
- 2 eggs
- 2-3 cups of water
- hot dogs
- wooden skewers
- canola oil for frying

Directions:
1) In a large bowl, combine the pancake mix and cornmeal.
2) Add the eggs and mix altogether.
3) Start out by adding 2 cups of water, then work your way up to 3 or 4, until the batter becomes slightly think but not too gloopy.
4) Insert skewers into hot dogs, about 2/3 the way through.
5) Heat oil over medium heat.
6) Dip the hot dog into the mixture, make sure it's evenly coated, and then drop into hot oil. Cook until golden brown, probably about 2-5 minutes.
7) Voila!

  Get Cookin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment