Wednesday, November 9, 2011
Grilled Chicken Tenderloins- Cracker Barrel Style
This chicken was SO delish and SO easy! And there's no "grilling" involved- but the chicken does taste like it has been grilled! I found this great site on Pinterest called "Tip Nut" that listed "14 Ways to Jazz Up Chicken Breasts." This recipe is the first one listed. I have eaten the grilled chicken tenderloin sandwich from Cracker Barrel a few times and I love it- so I had to try this! I would have never thought that Italian dressing + honey + citrus juice would yield so much flavor. My chicken turned out a little more "saucy" than expected because I only used a pound of tenderloins and the recipe called for about 2 pounds. Still, this was so good and I will definitely cook this again.
- approx. 2 pounds of chicken tenderloins
- 1 cup of Zesty Italian dressing
- Juice from 1 whole lime
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 3 teaspoons of honey (I added a little more than this)
- I also added a sprinkle of Greek seasoning, but I don't think it was necessary
1) Combine all ingredients in a gallon Ziploc bag. Let marinate for at least an hour. Next time I think I will do this in the morning, and then cook when I get home in the evening.
2) Pour all ingredients into a large skillet and cook over medium heat, without a lid, until liquid evaporates and remaining marinade becomes thick and caramelized. This took about 30-40 minutes. At first it will seem like there is too much liquid in the pan- but don't worry it will cook out! Turn the tenderloins every 10 minutes so they will caramelize on both sides.
at 7:12 PM