Sunday, April 8, 2012

Simple Stuffed Poblano Peppers


I have been so busy lately that I just cannot find the time to blog about all the new recipes we are trying! We are in the "home stretch" when it comes to school-- only 7 more Mondays! I'm really looking forward to taking it easy this summer and cooking! Who wants to come for dinner? 

I found this recipe and I adapted it a little. I didn't add the rice but next time I think I will. Oh, and more cheese!! This was really simple and yummy. We eat lots and lots of Mexican food- LOTS! Chile Rellenos (stuffed poblanos) are one of my favorite things to order! 

Ingredients:
- 4 poblano peppers
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 cup of frozen corn
- 1 cup of salsa
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- shredded cheese (we actually used queso)
- chopped cilantro

Directions:
1) Prepare the peppers. Slice them in half and remove the seeds and ribs.
2) Place the peppers in a baking dish, skin side up. Broil about 7 minutes, then flip the peppers and broil about 7 more minutes. After about 14 minutes, check the peppers and continue cooking until desired softness. Peppers should be slightly tender but still a little crunchy.
3) While the peppers are broiling, brown the meat and then add then taco seasoning, black beans, corn, and salsa.
4) Mix in some cilantro to the meat mixture and then spoon some on top of the peppers. Top with cheese. Voila!

  Get Cookin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment