Saturday, June 16, 2012

The Best Cornbread Ever


This recipe is literally the easiest and most delicious cornbread I've ever tasted! It's supposedly a mock recipe of Boston Market's cornbread. If you've ever eaten at Z'Tejas, it tastes very similar to their skillet cornbread. Melt in your mouth! It's the perfect combination of sweetness and corn.

Ingredients for an 8 in round pan:
- 1 box of Jiffy cornbread mix
- 1 box of Jiffy yellow cake mix

Ingredients for 9x13 pan:
- 2 boxes of Jiffy cornbread mix
- 1 regular yellow cake mix (the normal Betty Crocker size, not Jiffy)

Directions:
Simply mix both boxes according to the directions and combine the batter. You can use a large mixing bowl and combine both boxes of mix and all other ingredients at once. Bake at 350 degrees until done, about 30 minutes. Yum!

  Get Cookin'!

5 comments:

  1. I made this cornbread and it is the best I love it I always wondered how to get my cornbread this moist. I even made cornbread from scratch and this is better. I wonder if I make it from scratch then add the box cake.. Will let you know how that taste.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Silly question. .. you mix according to the directions. .. which ones? The cake box or the jiffy box??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, it's been so long since I have made this! But if I am remembering correctly- mix both the cake mix and the cornbread mix according to the directions. And then mix them both together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. will this work with a white cake mix as well? its all I have and I want to make today

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just amazing. I didn't have any jiffy on hand, I use 2 packs of Martha's white cornbread mix with Duncan Hines instead. Delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete