Monday, February 27, 2012

Cajun Remoulade Sauce


Remoulade is a Louisiana style sauce that is meant for seafood. It usually starts with a mayo base and then lots of other things are added to make a reddish sauce that is tart, creamy, and spicy. I feel like I've tasted 100 different sauces in my lifetime, all claiming to be some sort of a remoulade. Some have been wonderful and some have been not-so-great. I decided to try to make one of my own by combining a few recipes I found online. This one was good, but not great. It needs some refining but the basic structure is there. Here it is! Try it and see what you think.

Ingredients:
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon of Tabasco
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon of worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne pepper

Directions:
Mix everything together and then let sit for 1 hour so the flavors can combine. Store in the refrigerator.

  Get Cookin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment