Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Panko Crusted Tilapia


This is a really easy week night meal! Tilapia is such a mild fish and you can do just about anything with it. I was really craving some fried catfish filets but I didn't want to go through all of the trouble of frying. I remembered that Jason and I ate dinner at a friend's house one night and she cooked something similar to this that was really good-- so I decided to go for it! I have to admit that this is a simple dish with very simple flavors (it's not my typical taste bud explosion dinner). But you can easily make a remoulade sauce, tartar sauce, or even a garlic butter sauce for dipping to enhance the flavor. The panko (Japanese style bread crumbs) gets a little crunchy when baked. I will definitely make this again!

Ingredients:
- 4 tilapia filets
- 1/2 cup of melted margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 cup of unseasoned panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon of Old Bay seasoning, Greek seasoning, and a pinch of salt

Directions:
1) Heat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a baking pan with cooking oil.
2) In a shallow dish, combine melted margarine, garlic powder, and lemon juice. In a separate shallow dish, combine panko, Old Bay, Greek, and salt.
3) Dip each filet in the butter mixture and then roll around in the panko mixture, completely covering each filet.
4) Place filets on a baking sheet. Bake 12-14 minutes, until flaky. I baked my filets for about 14 minutes, and then flipped them and continued baking for another 5 minutes.
5) Remove from oven and squeeze a little lemon juice on the top of each filet.
6) Voila!

  Get Cookin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment