Friday, July 8, 2011

Parchment Paper Packs

A very dear friend of mine introduced me to parchment paper and to the idea for this recipe! The great thing about this is that you can use this idea to create lots of different combinations! I used tilapia and shrimp because I wanted to use something familiar to me for my first attempt. My friend likes to use salmon. The fun part about these packs is you can serve them like little presents!

Ingredients: 
- parchment paper
- fresh shrimp and tilapia filets
- baby red potatoes thinly sliced
- onions and bell peppers thinly sliced
- fresh lemon juice
- butter (or you could use olive oil and this would be a super healthy meal!)
- seasoning to taste

Directions:

1) Tear off a fairly large piece of parchment paper, perhaps about the size of 13x9 inch pan.
2) Layer the ingredients. Here is a picture.

3) It's time to close up the packs. First fold the paper over the ingredients and make a fold in one of the bottom corners. 
4) Continue folding the edges in around the ingredients.



5) Here is a picture of the completed pack. I baked both packs at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes. If you change the ingredients, you might need to adjust the temperature/time.


6) Here are pictures of the cooked packs! The shrimp one was my favorite!


     Get Cookin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment